Saturday, October 5, 2013

100 Greatest Pro Sports Logos Countdown


Sport of Design is very excited to announce it's very first top 100 countdown list:

The Sport of Design 100 Greatest Pro Sports Logos Countdown


The list will include logos from MLB, NHL, NFL, MLS, WNBA, NBA as well as any other professional teams or leagues including minor leagues, independent leagues and development leagues.

As a professor of design at Full Sail University in the Sports Marketing and Media Bachelor's Degree Program,  I discuss sports logos with my students and challenge them to seek out and discover interesting examples of sports logos from all corners of the sports world. We learn how to evaluate and critique design, color theory and typography through sports logos of all kinds in our class discussions.   After doing this with 10 plus groups I think I have seen some of the best and worst sports logos ever so I decided to see if I could come up with a top 100 of all time list.

The selections are based on my experience with sports design and of course my design opinion as well. The list is meant to be a fun review of the type of design I am most passionate about and in the spirit of healthy design debate and critique.

I would love to hear your feedback so please share your thoughts about the logos I have selected for the list. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy!

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment